Records state that a priest, Fr McCullogh,
bought the former Drill Hall in Mount Pleasant for £100 and so that
it could be used as a parish centre. The sale seems to have happened
sometime after 1916.
The building now appears to be in use as a fitness centre.However,
planning permission has been granted to demolish the building and
replace with dwellings. [February 2006]
There was a Territorial Army Drill Hall in Berry Street, Conwy.
It was demolished in 2003 and replaced by housing. We are attempting
to find out more information about this drill hall, but the Consulting
Engineer's Archaeological Reports, helpfully supplied by Gwynedd
Archaeological Trust, places its construction between 1953 and 1960,
based on map evidence. This differs from local opinion and further
investigation is under way.
The project would be very grateful for any information to clarify
the situation of the drill halls in Conwy.