‘2nd Volunteer Battalion Suffolk Regiment; C company.’ (Kelly, 1900)
‘5th Battalion Suffolk Regiment; G company, Drill hall, Burton End.’ (Kelly, 1912)
After the drill hall was no longer required for military uses, it was reopened in 1945 by the Royal British Legion.
These domestic premises match exactly the profile of the drill hall shown on the early OS maps. It is possible to see a hall structure linking the two homes.