'A' Sqn Staffordshire Yeomanry
5th Staffs Battery 3rd North Midland Brigade RFA.
HQ, E Co. 1VB Swan Village
B Section N Midland Mounted Brigade Field Ambulance RAMC
In West Bromwich 'A' Sqn Staffordshire Yeomanry shared a drill station
with 5th Staffs Battery 3rd North Midland Brigade RFA. Situated at
Carter's Green, and long since demolished, it was opened on August
1 1902 by Sir John French, who received the Freedom of the Borough
and presented South African medals to local Volunteers. It later became
a British restaurant, and was also known as the Clock Tower restaurant.
There is also reference to a Volunteers' drill hall in Queen street
which later became a Salvation Army barracks and in 1903 the first
factory of the Manifold Printing Co., subsequently Manifoldia Ltd.
the first attempt at content
The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy