The clientele of Hednesford's Bingo Hall in Victoria Street pass
their time in the one time home of F company 5th South Staffs, a
simple building with a fine terracotta crest hidden behind a timber
sign. Built in 1894. Kelly 1912 lists it as Station street.
Colonel Robert Summerside Williamson, 1859 - 1933, was a member
of the local Territorials for some 40 years, joining as a subaltern
in 1881 and resigning his command of the 5th Battalion in 1913.
In 1895 he raised an appeal and funded the building of a Drill Hall
at Hednesford. In 1914 at the outbreak of War he returned to command
the local Volunteer Force and agreed in 1920 to resume command of
his old Battalion finally retiring two years later.
2005 brings redevelopment to the area and it is understood that
the drill hall is to be demolished.