8th Battalion (Isle of Wight, “Princess Beatrice’s”) Hampshire Regiment; B Company (Kelly, 1911)
According to the Palmerston Forts Society, Fortlog, Portsmouth (50), a coastal defence battery was built at Nodes Point between 1901 and 1904. The site included a drill hall and guardhouse. After some years of TA use, the guns and site were sold in 1956. The site is now the Nodes Point Holiday Park, where the drill hall and guardhouse survive. We would be grateful for further information to clarify whether these premises are those referred to by Kelly.