Fareham

Territorial Drill Hall, Bridge road, Park gate
Connaught Drill Hall, West street

ds Battery Wessex Brigade RGA

6th Battalion Hampshire Regiment; H Company, West street. (Kelly, 1911)

Kelly, 1899, also refers to 50 Portland street.

According to the St. Margaret Mary church website, the Connaught drill hall was used as additional premises by the Catholic church and a priest celebrated Mass in the drill hall in Bridge road each Sunday. Apparently, records exist of a bazaar held in the Drill Hall, in 1905, to raise money for an extension.
Photograph not available
© All material is copyright - refer to the Terms of Use

the first attempt at content

The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy