Epping

St Johnís road
Drill Hall, High street

Ď1st Volunteer Battalion Essex Regiment (G Company), Drill hall, High street.í (Kelly, 1894) ds 'G' 4 Essex (Kelly, 1914)

The original drill hall was an iron structure in St. John's Road, next to the St. John's Church Hall, but it transferred to the Armoury in Hemnall Street in the 1920s.
Photograph not available
© All material is copyright - refer to the Terms of Use

the first attempt at content

The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy